Friday, May 29, 2009

I pledge allegiance...

...bla bla bla, to the United States of America....
Nicest surprise ever today. My brother's kind-of-but-we're-not-too-sure-what-the-story-is girlfriend has come to visit us, all the way from Chicago! She is the cutest thing in the world with her denim shorts and hiking boots, little button nose and blonde hair. She is the most easily likeable person I have ever met, I LOVE her. She's gone to bed now, after we all managed to get her and our fine selves just a leetle bit tipsy. I hate trying to wind down at this stage of the night with a couple of drinks in me so I decided to stay up and blog.
She's a gas woman with the funniest name that I really wish I could share with ye. It's unusual I'm sure, to find an American who really hates certain aspects from American culture. For instance, she got rather heated whilst showing us her passport. Basically, in the places where your visa stamps go on a normal passport, Condaleeza Rice brought in this fantastic idea to fill these pages with images that represent American culture, the bald eagle, Mount Rushmore, oxen and buffalo, Native American totem poles, which my new friend so helpfully pointed out are all examples of either animals, natural resources or cultures that have been endangered or totally wiped out by modern and contemporary culture.
How very ironic.
Hmmm aaanyway, have to go find some friends who are up for some party party! There isn't a snowball's chance in hell I'm turning in yet!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, sounds like quite the interesting time. I was just swinging by to thank you for following me, and I'll be sure to keep updated with you as well! Thanks again.

B said...

American's(the one's who know there's a world outside america anyway) are generally very likable, they make me feel like sh!t for making me feel so unlikable, that's why everyone hates them right?

Audrey said...

Ha personally it's the bombing of countries for no reason that really grinds my gears. And the fact that every American I've met until now is crazy, and not even in a good way. She's made me a lot more open to the them anyway!