Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I'm a Toy


I mentioned before that I like graffiti but I neglected to mention that I dip my own hand in sometimes. This one here (please excuse the crappy photo) was my first venture in stickers and stenciling. Hepburn here has been my hero for as far back as I can remember so I felt I owed her something. I first stuck these around the place about one year ago and recently made a couple more for the craic. I've done a couple more since this one, some more people I really love, historical figures and the like, and also a few of my friends.

I don't spend all my time at it admittedly, it's a hobby I only give a go at every now and then, so I haven't progressed much or anything but it makes you feel good. I also haven't told a lot of people I actually am responsible for them.

Anyway, as I've said, I've been doing this around a year, and since then my eyes have been even more open to the graffiti adorning our streets. Some of the stuff you see around is seriously amazing. Also, it's great seeing more and more people getting involved in it and let me just tell you now, if I ever catch the little dopes going around spraying 'toy' all over the place, I will not be responsible for my actions. Little shits. Can't say I've been targeted or anything, but it still annoys me.

So anyway, I'll post some more of them another time. I'm kind of wanting to get into bigger things too, so we'll see how that goes.

In other news, I'm going away....
To where exactly I'm not sure yet, but it will be a European city of some sort with plenty of nightclubs, alcohol and wreckless debauchery. London, Paris and Prague are highest on the list so far...
Oh the fun we will have. Only thing is we have to wait until the summer, which isn't too bad really. I age too ya know, and the ould birthday is coming up soon which means plenty of moola to line my currently empty pockets.

A bientot mes amis!

No comments: