Friday, February 6, 2009

The Excorcism of The Happy-Go-Lucky Scamp

My mother has some whack-job in the house casting out spirits, demons and all other manner of creepy make-believe shit, and this is the only room in the house that I can be in without him bursting in and exorcising my good self, hence a nice ould post on blogger. Honestly, people actually believe that stuff, I mean really believe in it. My mother is particularly nuts. You walk in the door of our house and find yourself confronted with three Buddhas, twenty angels and a Chinese dragon thrown in for good measure.
It's confusing if anything, especially when I get a smack for not saying the angelus before the RTE news every evening. I've asked her what the big idea is with the mixed up theology, but the only answer I get is an offer of reiki to clear my aura of all the badness which is obviously the reason for my 'acting in a negative way'.
It's no wonder I'm an atheist.
I don't know what his judgment is on the place yet, the spiritual fella that is, he's being fed cake in the sitting room by my mother, but I did hear her ask my brother if he felt the house felt lighter now.
Oh deary me. At least it's Friday, that means people are home and I can escape the fear being subject to a load of hocus pocus shit over the weekend.

No comments: